Monday, June 25, 2012

Bird on the wire...

"The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft agley"
Robert Burns 
To a Mouse 1785

There some things one may have control of 
and some that one may think... 

In my line of work carpentry and physical labor I have run into too
many individuals who for whatever the reasons are 'out of control freaks'. Recently I had a talk with one such person 
who sadly betrayed my trust 
by lying and showing a real lack of ethics. 


Having got that of my chest, on to bigger and happier times...
I was trying to capture this Hummer on the Honeysuckle.

 Yea the Strawberries are coming in after all the wet weather.
Some Rhodos we grow for the foliage.
Elizabeth Lockhart
Replaced the plank to an upper bed (wheelbarrow ramp),
 some day will come up with a better set up.

Worked on a new rhodo bed.



Recently enlarged an area for more Rhodos,
 last shot you can see (behind white object) composting of sod. 

Have a Happy Day!

14 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the person who let you down; that happens way too often. It looks like you shook it off and got busy. Good for you!

    Thanks for sharing your blues.

    Happy Blue Monday, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband is also a carpenter, and he sings the same song.....by the way, nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look busy and having a wonderful garden does keep us busy. I am your newest follower. I hope you stop by for a visit. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The strawberry looks so good!


    Come and see my BLUE when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. Now following your blog, you are welcome to follow mine.

      Delete
  5. Great pics! I always enjpy visiting your place! Feel like I have been for a little stroll.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a big project! Visiting from Blue Monday.

    Here's my BLUE, your comment will make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just had a hummingbird land on a branch in our tree yesterday while we were sitting out back. I commented to my daughter about how unusual to see on just sitting so still for so long. They are indeed hard to catch for photos. Oh and lovely fresh home grown strawberries. What a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, your strawberries look juicy! i'd love to have some.:p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from Jean's Bloomin Tuesday. Enjoyed reading your posts and seeing the west coast.... From an SW Ontario gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could get on my soapbox this morning about your first paragraph, since you got it off your chest I shall leave it alone, for now. You have been doing a lot of hardwork, preparing anew garden bed or enlarging one is not for whimps! I took a photo of a bird on a wire this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Biggies for me too...lying and lack of empathy/ethics. I've lost several friends because I talk the talk and walk the walk and they don't respect that. Happy gardening...wish we had more space to do more planting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is refreshing like a good cup of tea when one is understood. Thanks and I love your blog.

      Delete
  12. Thank you for linking up!!! Love the photo of the hummer, I can never catch one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comment.
Rob

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...