Saturday, December 21, 2013

Now and Then...

With the ever changing weather on the Salish Sea side of Vancouver Island it gets me thinking of now and then...


Now


Now and a day before - Working on fence and flower bed, removed old posts, filled gaps with yellow cedar slabs and tagged old fence to new posts. Now ready to finish rails and slabs. 

Used landscape fabric (20 year) and filled space with blue crush, should control the weeds from next door. Took a few loads of good soil from the garden, will spread seaweed in that area to make more soil.


A corner from one of the docks I salvaged boards for fence from, it will be yard art. A fellow came along as I was trying to load it and gave me a hand, really appreciated thatA Deer next door.


Summer Thoughts - I planted a lot of Garlic this fall. Is it to soon for seed catalogues ?


Leaving you with summer thoughts - Gay Feather, Scabiosa and Coreopsis, a large Hibiscus and a Dahlia.
 What helps you deal with the winter season?
Do you use vitamin D3? It's my Sunshine.

Rob

Sharing with:

11 comments:

  1. Snow gives a picture a special look.
    Love the snow pictures.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! I love all these photos but the lower left one in the first collage is my very favorite!!! It looks like it should be in a magazine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snowy winter scenes are pretty. And the flowers have me longing for spring. Wonderful photos and mosaics!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family! I Wish you and yours all the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure like to keep busy puttering around. The seed catalogues keep me dreaming and your summer flowers have lifted my spirits on this icy day. We had freezing rain overnight on top of the snow.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a thought - we get a lot of sun in Australia but most of us are vitamin D deficient because we all cover up and use sunscreen! It's been baking hot here so been nice to chill a little with you!
    Happy Christmas
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been very busy. Have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful week and a Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your summer photos are making me miss summer especially as we have had two days of freezing rain. Merry Christmas. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I live in Florida, I don't have to "deal with the winter season." Sunshine all year round! Thanks for linking in today.

    Merry Christmas and
    Happy Blue Monday, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your place is looking great (blog, too, nice makeover.) I love the use of the metal corner as yard decor. Thanks for sharing this at the History & Home link party. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's never too soon for seed catalogs! Great pics! Thanks for sharing on The HomeAcre Hop! Hope to see you back again today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comment.
Rob

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...